Hello Clear Creek School Community,
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dan Zeisler, and I am the new Superintendent of the Clear Creek School District. I will be working closely with our new principal, Carolyn Cramer, to maintain the high quality educational programs built by Mr. Scott Lay over the past sixteen years.
I have spent the last fifteen years as the Superintendent/Principal of the Chicago Park School District, where I have learned the dynamics of leading a small rural community school. Before that I was the Principal of Pleasant Valley School and lived in the Clear Creek School District off of Indian Springs Ranch Road. In that time, I have established a close professional and personal relationship with Scott Lay, and will continue to work side by side with him to assure a seamless transition for teachers, students and parents at Clear Creek. I would like to congratulate Mr. Lay on his new position as Nevada County Superintendent of Schools, and know he will make a positive impact on all of our local schools the way he has for so many years at Clear Creek.
My priorities as Superintendent include:
- To maintain a safe and nurturing school environment.
- To maintain a strong academic program at all grade levels.
- To emphasize character development in our kids through supporting a positive school climate, and opportunities for students to discover the greatness in themselves.
- To have an open door for the community to come and express their ideas, concerns, and accolades about YOUR school.
- To work closely with the school board to keep the District financially solvent, and up to date with the constantly changing policies and regulations handed down by the State.
Whether it be the first day of school or at Back to School Night, I look forward to meeting all of you and quickly establish myself as a member of the Clear Creek community. I will also be in and out throughout the remainder of the summer if you would like to get in touch.
Grateful to be here,
Clear Creek School district
(530) 273-3664 ext. 210